Welcome to HTASA.
2018 sees the introduction of the most significant changes to Stage 2 History for more than a decade. HTASA is rising to the challenge and will offer high value support to members. There will be a series of important workshops presented over the year which will facilitate curriculum change. A clear focus is on curriculum understanding, assessment task exploration and resource distribution.
Please keep an eye on the diary and look out for our events. Bookings will open in the weeks preceding each event but if you are after more (or just early!) information drop at line to our Secretary David Albano (email@example.com) .
In order to better serve our membership the structure of HTASA uses a series of four working groups. We have groups specifically for
- curriculum development
- conference and workshops
2018 MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW DUE
Please click here to download the form in pdf format
or here to download in Word. We have kept the membership at the same level as 2016 and 2017.
The History Teachers’ Association of South Australia (HTASA) is a non-profit organisation whose aims are to
- stimulate interest in the study of History.
- support effective teaching and learning of History in schools.
- engender in students (indirectly through their teachers) a love of History and its relevance to an individual and society.
- arrange meetings, lectures, seminars, conferences and other activities.
- prepare and circulate publications, resources and educational research to advance the teaching of History.
- represent the views of the Association and its members in educational, government, business and community organisations.
- Early bird notification of upcoming events.
- Reduced registration for State and National Conferences.
- Reduced rate for SACE Senior History Afternoon.
- Priority booking for HTASA Saturday Workshops.
- 12 month subscription to our newsletter “Kooringa”
- 3 editions of either HTAV or HTANSW journals.
- A voice for SA History Teachers to the national body (HTAA).
- Sharing of ideas through Facebook, our blog and website.
- Information and advice for competitions.
HTASA Postal Address
- PO Box 268